måndag 5 oktober 2015

A gown from Drei Schnittbücher

So, I haven't been writing much lately, due to my arthritis. It hurts too much in my rib cage and in my hop joints to sit in front of the computer, so I'm on sick leave. This means that apart from exercising, to force my rib cage to widen, I spend wuit e alot of time in front of Netflix, hand sewing.

This is the latest result - a gown based on the variations of a gown cut with the bodice in one with the skirt found in Master Tailor's manuscripts published in Drei Schnittbücher.

I was a little short on fabric, so I didn't make any sleevfes, but since sleeveless gowns are seen in German images from the period and I've also found them in Danish probates from the 16th century.

Anyway, I was short on fabric, I only had 2,5 metres, so I made the parts that should be pleated a bit on the small side. It would have worked better if I didn't have such a large tummy.


It's obvious from the side view that it would have been just perfect if I had a flatter tummy, and not over a foot difference between waist and hips.

But, on the other hand - the back skirt looks fantastic!



Besides I plan to wear an apron with it. But it's good to know these things before making my next one.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar