lördag 24 december 2016

Happy Holidays!

Snow fight from the ca 1400 frescoes in the Eagle Tower of Castello Buonconsiglio in Trento, Italy.


Judging from their dress it's a rare occasion with snow, and probably not colder than around frezing, the kind of weather where you run out to have a snow fight, but don't have to put on thick winter clothes. It can't be much either, judging from the green brush showing through the snow. This is actually somethign that we're used to here in the southwest of Sweden, so I can relate :)

There's no snow here now, and while this is not that unusual, but the lack of snow further north is a worrying sign of the Climate Change cause by us humans. I am trying to limit my personal contribution to this by making most of my christmas presents, limiting my consumption in general (obviously not of fabric though ;) ), eat less meat and usually travel by public transport. So I hope for more Yule eve's with snow in the future.

I hope you all have a joyful and relaxed Yule, or whatever you celebrate - focusing on friends and family.  I might actually get some medieval sewing done - I've been very busy with making presents lately.

And finally, som photos from the Barony of Gotvik's Yule party last week. The surroundings were where un-medieval, but in candlelight you could ignore that :)






2 kommentarer: