tisdag 21 mars 2017

A knitted barrett/flat cap

On Friday I started on a knitted flatcap/barrett. I used Marion McNealy's (yes, that Marion McNealy, of "Drei Schnittbücher" fame) pattern based on an Italian barrett from the wreck of the ship Gagiana.The pattern can be found on her web site for free!

It's very simple, and a quick knit. Since I was at an event most of the weekend I couldn't knit as much as I would have done at home (there was, after all, court to plan, and to hold :) ). And still I finished it Yesterday.

I used a worsted weight yarn bought cheaply at a supermarket some years ago and 4,5 mm needles (US #7). The barrett was fulled in the washing machine on 60 degrees Celsius.

Selfie:



And, because I think it's funny, A photo of how little it takes to make you look period if you crop the photo so that only the head and neck is visible:


2 kommentarer:

  1. It's a charming cap! And you could wear it with modern clothing and probably get compliments.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I _have_ thought about it. Not Sweatpants though :)

      Radera