torsdag 15 augusti 2019

Migration era/early medieval tunic

So, I made this migration era tunic. It is made from dyed linen, because a) the fabric Gods spoke to me when I found it at the fabric store earlier this year and b) spoke to me again this week about what it wanted to be.

It should have been wool of course, and the blue might be too bright. But when the fabric Gods speak, you follow their commands. I don't even know when I am going to wear it - except just hanging around in the flat.



I think that I look amazing in it, and I feel amazing. Which is good enough right now.

3 kommentarer:

  1. I like this, even though I have no idea whether such a plaid *in linen* would have been done in period. (I think it would have been possible, but it seems to me that plaids were more likely in wool during the Migration period because dyed linen was uncommon.)

    SvaraRadera