onsdag 8 maj 2019

Not only clothing

Thee weeks ago I arranged a sewing meeting for my local SCA group: Gotvik. I have sewign meetings every other Thursday at my place, and has had them for over four years, but some people have trouble coming on a weekday, so we thought that a whole day of sewing would be a good idea. This time we weren't at my place, instead baroness Katarina and I brought our sewing machines to Studiefrämjandet, an educational association.

 I didn't have any personal sewing projects, but we had decided to make banners for Nordmark, the SCA principality that covers Sweden, and for the Kingdom of Drachenwald (Europe, plus Israel and South Africa), so that visiting royalties wouldn't have to bring banners. Especially since some of them are flying to events from abroad we thought that this might be a good idea.

The Nordmark banner is the easier one, so I started on that. I used cotton broadcloth instad of something fancier, the focus is in sturdyness rather than on historically correct.

The leaves, made from ochre yellow cotton broadcloth were afterwards painted with textile paint in gold colour. The fringe is from my stash.








3 kommentarer:

  1. Its so fun to sew together! And what a good idea to make banners to the barony so that royals that fly the event dont need to bring there own!

    SvaraRadera
  2. And it's a stunning piece in its own right. Thanks for sharing the photo of your work!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Thanks both of you - the idea was Princess Aelfwynn of Nordmark's originally.

    SvaraRadera