tisdag 26 oktober 2021

Photos from Drachenwald's Autumn Crown Tourney

 I was too busy to take many photos at Drachenwald's Autumn Crown in the Netherlands: the first in person event since March 2020, the first since I got better from my exhaustion, me entering the tourney with my dear frend Sir Måns, the long delayed elevations of the lovely Baroness Anna von Syveken and Baroness Magdalena Grace Vane to the Order of the Pelican and the Laurel respectively... well the list is long. 

And their was such an elevated sense of joy throughout the whole event - when we finally got to see each other in person again.


So, here we go. For the tournament I chose not to mach Sir Måns 16th century waffenrock, that I just had made, but to go for as romantic as you can get: 12th century, in my green wool bliaut. I also wore my husband's wool cloak, lined in silk. I had braided my hair with red wool yarn, to make longer braids, and sewed brass points to them I made thos braid ends in 1998, but haven't actually used them at an event. They're very basic, just sheet brass with a simple pattern made by a needle and cut and folded to a cone. I really should make new and prettier ones. 

The coronet is made by Johanna Lawrence (link to her Etsy shop).



Sir Måns and I actually got to the finals, and I nearly fainted while we watched the fight then.
The finals was against Count Morales, and this photo is from when they met earlier in the tourney.


Here sir Måns met his squire, Honourable Lord Erich Olovsson Haane. Also one of my travel companions to and from the event, co-founder of the informal household Haus Rotkäppchen (from the cheap German bubbly of that name) which we created on the way down to the Netherlands.


Sir Måns and Lady Agnès Boncuer in the list.

After the tourney I changed to my very comfy silk brocade gown, as did sir Måns. These were our investiture outfits when we became baron and baroness of Gotvik in 2016, and we thought it wise to be prepared with matching outfits, just in case ;)


Sir Måns and ghis son, wearign the matching waffenrock to his dad's. He's going to have it for fighting, but since it hadn't been used for that yet, it was clean enough to wear at court and feast.


At this event I also received a beatiful scroll for an award that I got in May, in an online court. It is for the Orden des Lindquistringes, a Dracehnwald award for service.


It was made by Lord Maredudd ap Gwylim, and is based on a late 12th-early 13th century manuscript.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar