söndag 5 augusti 2018

Croquet and tea 1790s style

Today Anna and I again went to Gunnebo House to amuse ourselves in late 18th-early 19th century style. Last time, in the end of June, sketching and exploring the gardens were the period activites that took place. This time we played croquet, before the usual tea and a swim in a nearby lake.

I got to wear my open robe, new cap and straw hat.



 





I am not very good at croquet. But then I haven't played it since the 1970s.

I will make a page with information on the gown and the inspiration for it, but now it is bedtime.


2 kommentarer:

  1. Splendid fun *and* splendid costumes! One could hardly do better.

    SvaraRadera
  2. This looks wonderful! Are guests always welcome to wear costumes, or was this for some special event. I would really like to go there on my next trip to Sweden.

    SvaraRadera