söndag 17 mars 2019

St.Egon's Feast

This weekend was one of Gotvik's two annual events: St.Egon's Feast (Egon is a fictive saint who protects us from foul peasants and rains of herring). I was busy having fun, and drinking wine, so I only have a few photos. But among these are the first photos of me wearing my coronet with medieval clothing and not a t-shirt :)

Next to me is my friend Amanda, wearing another one of my early 14th century Italian gowns.



This was the first time that I wore my 1330s Genuese gown to an event too. It is nice that the coronet is based on crowns seen in Italian art from this period, though I of course will wear it with clothes from other time periods too.

As I've said in other posts the coronet is made by Johanna Lawrence and it is not only pretty, but incrediby comfortable - I wore it for six hours and actually forgot that I was wearing it.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Absolutely lovely. I like your friend's blue gown, too!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thnaks! it's mine too actually, since this was her second event.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Well she looks lovely in it! And she has the right sort of hair for the Middle Ages too, long, and ripply as though it had been tightly braided most of the time.

    SvaraRadera