onsdag 2 oktober 2019

Event-ing

Last weekend I went to a semi-local (c. 2 hours drive) SCA event called Boar Hunt. The main activities were an archery trail in the nearby forest, where we shot at plastic and paper animals (3D and flat), a lunch inspired by a hunting lunch by Gaston Phoebus' Book of the Hunt , followed by fighter traimimg where the fighters took the roles of hunters, dogs and boars. I took part in the archery trail, and it was great fun. This was my first real attempt at archery - I have tried it a little at a friend's place once and one shot at St.Egon this year. And I hit "animals"! Not many, but still.

Fot this I wore my pink cotte with a green surcoat made from handwoven wool twill, based on Herjolfsnes 39, though without the piecing and the lace holes in front. I also wore a bycocket sewn from wool flannel and lined with silk. It was dark in the forest, which affects the photo. Especially since it was also raining.



The way I wore the wimple, veil and hat were inspired by this Italian mid-14th century image, though I should have worn a bigger wimple. But I forgot to pack one.

Bonamico Buffalmacco 1336-1340

Other things that I forgot was: one garter, my knife and fork and a quiver. My arrows were kept in a cotton tote bag tied to my belt instead.

There was also dinner, and court: Princess Jovi and Prince Stigot of Nordmark.


I dressed in Italian 14th century for court too, here I am posing in front of the Nordmark banner after everyone had gone for dessert.


1 kommentar:

  1. You look great! Glad you have fun. I haven't much exposure to archery, but I've enjoyed what I've done, and if finances permitted, I'd get into it more.

    SvaraRadera