lördag 31 december 2022

A red early 14th century italian wool gown

I don't blog much these days. I tend to make things, rather than write about them. And often I am too tired to do much more than post photos on Instagram. After all, I did start my webpage in 2000, so there have been many years of writing about my historical costumes. Aside from my professional writing on clothing in history.

But maybe this is the re-start of blogging, who knows?

Anyway, my newest medieval project was a red wool gown that I wore to Medieval Christmas, and Styringheim's Lucia Feast in Visby in the beginning of December.



To keep warm I wore  thick sewn wool cloth stockings, a linen shift, my quilted sleeveless shift  a thin wool kirtle, and the red wool gown, naalebound mittens (not made by me) sometimes a wool cloak and a wool hood lined in silk, or a two layer silk veil. And very modern boots with wool pile lining. I wasn't cold at all.

For my sources, inspiration and further information on construction etc, see its page.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar