lördag 12 juni 2021

My striped saya encordata is finished

 As you might remember from my January post, this year I took up a project that I really should have both started or finished circa 20 years ago: A 13th century noble Castilian outfit based on both the preserved garments in Museo de Burgos, and on period illuminations, statues and other artwork.

I made the pellote, and I made the embroidered shift, but then I got sidetracked and instead of making the blue silk saya encordata I dediced to try the pattern that I had made on a slightly cheaper fabric. The fact that both the 13th century Spanish people and I were/are crazy about stripes probably contributed to this. And that I have been looking for an excuse to make something from this striped wool from Göteborgs Textil forever.

I have also been experimenting with the weird 13th century Spanish headwear. I have some theories, which also gives answers about how other types of pleated fillets were made in the rest of Europe in this period.  But that will have to wait until I have the energy to write down my documentation properly.

For now you will have to do with some photos of the finished outfit, and some of the inspiration. And yes, I couldn't be bothered to put on proper shoes - but apparently  winding 4 metres of linern with a pleated frill on it around my head wasn't too much work. Yes, I am weird.








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar