Anyone looking at the list to the left can see that I have three main periods of interest when it comes to costuming: The 16th century, the 12th century and the 13th and early 14th century. In fact, it is not an entirely correct measure of which time period that I do most - because I have lots of costumes from the 13th and early 14th centuries that I never made any pages for. They are so alike in construction, that it didn't seem necessary. Which also means that I have lots of costumes from this period which never have been photographed.
But there will definitely be more of that now, because together with a friend I have started to plan an entirely new wardrobe from this period. And thanks to pintereest I have found examples of variations that I hadn't seen before. Or rather, I had seen the type, but not all these particular examples.
I'm going to London next week and will look around for fabric, but you can always make accessories, and today I made a small trapezoid bag from a silk brocade piece that was a cut off from when my friend Alfhild cut out her new brocade kirtle last week.
Here it is:
The pattern is probably not authentic for the period, but since you don't see the whole repeat I deciced to use it anyway. It is lined with berry red thin silk, the top edge is burgundy silk taffeta and the ties and tassels are made from silk yarn that I dyed together with my friend Ragnhild, when Maja was still a baby (2005).