måndag 10 juli 2017

Camping medieval style

Last weekend there was a "Medieval Day" at a (semi-)local site where there used to be a castle in the High Middle Ages. Today there is nothing left to see, but itä'a  beautiful place next to the sea, and , as it turned out, a lovely place to camp. Gotvik  came with three tents, and quite a few people who just came over the day. The latter group included my husband and my youngest daugther.


Me and hubby:


Yeah, it's this gown, which I haven't worn sien Maja was a toddler.

I had decided to camp, and shared my tent with my friend Katharina Krognos. This meant that we didn't bring the big bed, but only camping beds for us. With the help of textiles it still looked nice in the tent.

Especially with the new chest.



Some more photos from the camp.









I also started on a new dress, Italian second half of the 15th century, and it's finished now. Photos later this week, since I need to make a new apron for it.




3 kommentarer:

  1. What a great place to camp! Thanks for posting the photos.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hope you found good vegetables to bring with you!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Thanks Cathy, and yes, Ulla - cabbage and carrots.

    SvaraRadera