söndag 20 maj 2018

I've made the first item in my 1330s outfit from Genoa

So, in March I wrote about this illustration from the Cocharelli Treatise on the Vices.


If you follow the link above you will find some reasoning about the clothes depicted, and further links to other posts that I have written about the weird high waisted gowns of late 13th-early 14th century Italy.

Surprising no-one I decided for an insane striped version, though I plan to make the white version too later, from white cotton muslin I think.

I had to look around for a while to find striped brocade, because I didn't feel much like piecing together two brocades to make stripes. To my great joy I found it at Vedah Designs on Etsy, and promptly bought all of it :) I also got lining tehre, because you don't want to wear unlined brocade with those floating metal threads on the back of the fabric.

The lining is a shot silk mix in bright pink and saffron yellow.


And this is the tunic. 




There is gold trim around the neck, wrists and armscyes, and along the seam on the back of the sleeve.

I have cut out the pieces for the overgown, but haven't started on the sewing yet.


1 kommentar: